ch-scene - Re: OT: Car audio advice

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ron thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: OT: Car audio advice
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:27:21 -0400

Christiane Voisin wrote:
I am having electrical problems in my 1994 Honda Civic.

CD player may not be getting enough juice to be able to take the code. Try hooking yourself up as if for a jumpstart, then try the code again.

If the CD isn't taking the code, it may have 'forgotten' it and reverted to a default. If you aren't risking locking yourself out entirely with too many retrys (read the manual), you could try entering obvious default codes like '00000'.

Some lore exists indicating that you can take a code-locked player, seal it in a Ziploc and freeze it for awhile to reset the codes. Sketchy, and maybe specific to certain players, but there it is.

As for the rest, sounds like an undervoltage situation. Lots of potential causes, battery may be getting weak, voltage regulator going, bad grounding, etc. This sort of thing, an auto repair place may be able to deal with.

--rt