ch-scene - OT: Car audio advice

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Christiane Voisin <voisc AT ils.unc.edu>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: OT: Car audio advice
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 10:02:48 -0400 (EDT)

I am having electrical problems in my 1994 Honda Civic. My clock resets to
1:00 every time I start the car, and my stereo and 6-disc changer don't
work. the stereo asks for my 5 digit reset code, which i have. i was
able to get the radio on once using the code. i was pacified that i'd
fixed it and stupidly didn't eject the changer, and the code isn't working
now. i've got Chapel Hill Public Library cds due today in the changer and
it won't eject... luckily there is a 3 day grace period.

i called Passport Motors in Carrboro and they said they don't work on this
kind of thing and usually send people to Best Buy or Now Audio... I
noticed there are some places on Durham-CH Blvd "Dashboard Audio" etc.
anyone have advice on a quick fix or where to go to get it looked at?

any help would be appreciated...

thanks in advance,
christiane