ch-scene - Re: Need help putting band name on drum head

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Need help putting band name on drum head
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:05:43 -0500

In any case, if I were going to call a store in Raleigh & ask questions about drums, it'd be 2112: www.2112online.com

Having said that, there seem to be a lot of stores on the web selling full-bleed custom-printed bass drum heads & suchlike:
http://www.vintagelogos.com/
http://www.headfirst-online.com/default.htm

Coolest front head I've seen in ages was on the dude from Man Man's drum. It was some kind of crazy decoupage with a knight and a crashing jetliner & sadly I have already forgotten the exact detailed brilliance of it. It was backlit by a light inside the drum, too.

As far as concern about the sound, once you cut a hole in the head, all bets are off, and in any case, most drummers shove a whole bunch of shite inside the drum to make it sound as shitty as possible, so a little bit of stuff glued to the head isn't going to matter much one way or another.

Ross

david gourley wrote:
John Iwaniszek <not AT hotmail.com>
news:Xns961B5CC108C9Djoiwhnanri AT 130.133.1.18:
-snippage-

That's a Sam Ash store now. Guitar Center is across the street @ 3100.
hth,
david

Call Mars in Raleigh. They might be able to help you with custom drumn-signage.

Mars Music Store

3131 Capital Blvd
Raleigh, NC 27604-3392
Phone: (919) 954-9059