ch-scene - Re: Need help putting band name on drum head

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: John Iwaniszek <not AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Need help putting band name on drum head
  • Date: 16 Mar 2005 14:07:05 GMT

mark & mikell brown wrote:

> Does anyone know the best way to put a band's name on a bass drum head?
> I've looked around the internet and haven't seen any info on how to go
> about doing this.
> I'm guessing that its simply done with a stencil and paint,
> but there might be a better method.
> Anyone have any ideas?
> The only drum oriented news group that I found seems have very few
> subscribers and only a few messages.
> I want to put black letters on a white drum head.
>
> Thanks !

Stencil and spray-paint is the low-rent aproach. But you might try a sign
company. They have these cool CAD driven sign cutters that make mulitcolor
adhesive signs. I don't know how those would hold up to vibration or what
impact they might have on your drum's sound. Single color might work best.

Call Mars in Raleigh. They might be able to help you with custom
drumn-signage.

Mars Music Store

3131 Capital Blvd
Raleigh, NC 27604-3392