ch-scene - Re: Anthropology

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: paok <bluefreaky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Anthropology
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:29:30 -0800 (PST)

You know, I don't think it's a big deal either way, dancing or not--i don't
mean it as a value judgment at all. But when I moved here from Louisiana in
the summer of 96, I was struck by the lack of dancing at shows that summer
(then I started law school and stopped going to shows for three
years--*sigh*). And I do remember everyone just standing around and it being
kind of, well, intimidating and off putting. This didn't keep me from going
to shows, but I do remember feeling that way.

pk