ch-scene - Re: here's a thought...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: kevin maxwell farmer <fakirmevern-amch AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: here's a thought...
  • Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 12:25:11 -0500

grady wrote:

Ahh-so, it all becomes slightly less murky now. So that's your bread on those deceptively-pricey sandwiches? And which of the meats are house-cured?

rosemary ham. duck pastrami. probably some others by now.

every time i deliver bread, andy pulls some new concoction out of some
secret cubbyhole in the refrigerator for me to try. he's the mad
scientist of meat!

I mean, I like the beer list and the decor; would like the ambience better if they didn't suffer quite so much from DJ-volume-knob-itis (here's a clue: not all of us are here to listen to you play records), although the somewhat musty back room is quieter.

But I have thus far been unable to bring myself to drop nine bucks on a sandwich in a bar, no matter the order & arrangment of menu keywords.

If you're saying that they *are* worth it (in more than the "well, they're the only decent food after 10 p.m." sense) then I will definitely make a point of dining there again soon.

i'm saying they are worth it.

as a general rule, i'm always willing to pay a little extra for food
made by someone passionate about the craft. i mean, jeez, ross, $9 to
support the very fine efforts of somebody whose mind practically jumps
right out of their face talking about duck pastrami? where else you
gonna find that?

-k