ch-scene - Re: here's a thought...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: bendy <bendy AT duke.edu>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: here's a thought...
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 10:04:10 -0500

I got nothing against the God-loving, it's the God-fearing that gets to me.

Nathaniel Florin wrote:

--- Heather Russell <HeatherRussell AT nc.rr.com> wrote:

It was mostly the conservative right-wing extremist
faction of the faith that went for Bush.

Whenever I allow myself to get annoyed thinking about
the "churchians" I just repeat to myself the mantra,
"MLK, Jimmy Carter, Dean Smith. MLK, Jimmy Carter,
Dean Smith." Any good works they did came about
because they felt their faith demanded it. Then I
realize it can all be OK. It's just a matter of making
it so.

Nate