ch-scene - Re: here's a thought...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: here's a thought...
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:35:02 -0800 (PST)

--- bendy <bendy AT duke.edu> wrote:
> I suppose I meant the Kids, not the kids. Prolly as
> outmoded a notion as
> the Man.

ah, as in Kidz Nation. i get it

i don't think of the Man as an outdated concept. it's
just a more distributed and indistinct concept these
days. think of it as a more colloquial term for
Bushwa. the Man is very definitely amongst us and part
of us. the Man is not much of an Other anymore. the
lines between the Man and the Me are not distinct. the
Man is not dead. the Man is decentered.

3