ch-scene - Re: here's a thought...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: here's a thought...
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 11:48:01 -0500

The kids did show up. Raw numbers much higher than in 2000.

Unfortunately, so did everyone else, in roughly the same proportion.

I haven't seen solid turnout numbers with age/party breakdowns & percentages of eligible/registered voters for each. I will be quite interested to see who really did show up in surprising numbers and who really underperformed.

The churchians own this country, to a remarkable degree. Close to 70% of Americans say that they'd like a President with strong religious beliefs.

Presumably Christian, that is.

Obama 2008!

Ross

bendy wrote:

Jamie McLendon wrote:

So, what would you say if the country turned out to be a lot worse
than you imagined;

Well, at least I dont' have to go around with the illusion that there is some sort of silent majority out there that agrees with me. The kids didn't show up. The churchians did. It was close, but not that close.

Bendy