ch-scene - Re: here's a thought...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: here's a thought...
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 15:50:55 -0500

So I'm right in thinking that it's time for all of us to pack up & move North? Which blue states lost electoral votes, and do we really want to live there?

I have some questions. If the northeast were to secede, would the swing states of the great lakes region go with it?

And would I be allowed to go there *after* secession or would I need to start planning that move now?

And would citizens of a Reality States of America be allowed to overfly the now-officially-christened Faith-Based States of America to go visit our friends on the West Coast, who I'm assuming would have also seceded to form Southwestern Canada, or would we be shot down as presumed terrorists?

Ross

p.s. I know what *I* am: http://www.detainee.us

James Hepler wrote:

I did a little number crunching because if Kerry were
to win NM and IA then everything would have been
exactly the same as 2000 except Kerry would have taken
NH instead of Bush. Given that Bush won in 2000 with
*271* electoral college votes, had electoral college
votes not been redistributed since the 2000 election,
Kerry would have won.

States that went red in both 2000 and 2004 GAINED *7*
electoral college votes since 2000. States that went
blue in both lost 7. NM and IA stayed the same, as
did NH.

So the red/blue map actually shows that Kerry did
better than Gore did. The thing is, the states that
go blue didn't count for as much. And it made the
difference in this election.