ch-scene - here's a thought...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: domcasualties AT yahoo.com (Jamie McLendon)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: here's a thought...
  • Date: 3 Nov 2004 07:13:29 -0800

So, what would you say if the country turned out to be a lot worse
than you imagined; that no one really cared how many smoking guns
pointed to incompetence on the part of the administration, or gave two
cents about the transparent, and downright evil baiting on the part of
the Republican party (such as "lesbianism is so rampant in our schools
that we no longer can allow girls to go to the bathroom together" or
"my opponent dresses like a member of Saddam Hussein's military
police" [paraphrased comments; I'm sure someone has the time to find
the real things]), and no, didn't really care that these same people
who screamed "impeachment" over Clinton's blowjob can kindly overlook
such mistakes, because, what the hey, *everyone* makes mistakes, and
just, well, put their blinders back on and marched forward like good
little sheep because they were convinced a vote for Kerry was a vote
against the Almighty and, well, maybe just maybe fucked up life for
the rest of us? Wouldn't that be something?

I quote Curtis Mayfield, and not for the first time during this whole
clusterfuck:

"If there's hell below, we all gonna go."

pissed off, and drinking caffeine,
Jamie