ch-scene - Re: Thank Dennis, Isaac, Lauren, et al for Nightlight (was "nightlight website?")

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "5er (martin)" <mdhall005 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Thank Dennis, Isaac, Lauren, et al for Nightlight (was "nightlight website?")
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:50:44 -0700 (PDT)

yeah, you're right.

except for all those CDs that i see in used bins with
"Promo not for sale" or holes through the bar code.
the band doesn't get paid for those.
but that's not really a discussion i feel like having
anyway.

-5er

--- Chris Rossi <rossi AT webslingerZ.com> wrote:
> 5er (martin) wrote:
> > --- Chris Rossi <rossi AT webslingerZ.com> wrote:
> >

> >>it was my understanding that profit margin on used
> >>CDs was actually
> >>better than on new. am i mistaken?
> >

> > not for the record label or the band.
> >
> > ;-)
> >
> I think getting paid once for a single CD is fair,
> don't you?
>
> rossi
> -- ch-scene: the list that mirrors
> alt.music.chapel-hill --

=====
"A boy wants a car from his dad.
Dad says, first you got to cut that hair.
Boys says, hey dad Jesus had long hair.
Dad says, That's right son, and Jesus walked everywhere."
- David Berman/The Silver Jews