ch-scene - Re: Odd Squirrell Nut Zippers guitar in Amsterdam...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Duncan Murrell <dvmurrell AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Odd Squirrell Nut Zippers guitar in Amsterdam...
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 17:01:24 -0400

I'm intrigued by the scrawlings and the signatures on the guitar. Is it just me, or does each signature trail off suspiciously, like it might if you were faking it? Tom "U (umlaut) Rok" Maxwell is more like "Maxwmwmmmm....." Same with Katharine "Cha Cha" Whalemmmnnnn. And Ken "X-Ray 5" Moshmmmmmmmm. When you're a rock star, do you get special illegibility dispensation, like doctors? Or is it the big fat metallic paint pens they make you use? Or is it something more disturbing? Why is it that the president's signature is always trailing off on all those executive orders, Mr. Chennnmmn? Hmmm?

You can't trust Amsterdam. Or the Hard Rock Cafe. Or Dick Cheney.

Speaking of umlauts and Dick Cheney, I hear that Hell is hosting John Kerry's acceptance speech: http://volunteer.johnkerry.com/event/view/?id=8839