ch-scene - Re: Odd Squirrell Nut Zippers guitar in Amsterdam...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "bendy(a)lostpla[dot]net" <"bendy(a)lostpla[dot]net"@example.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Odd Squirrell Nut Zippers guitar in Amsterdam...
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 16:15:15 -0400

Chris Rossi wrote:

My theory was that it was somebody in the band's old guitar from their teenage years that they never played anymore

I myself had two Ibanez metal-type thingies in my teenage years. An Ibanez Explorer copy and the Ibanez Flying V copy (Rocket Roll?). One got stolen, one got pawned by an asshole roommate while I was out of town. I wish I had that Flying V back, though. Bob Mould played those. Music Loft Durham has one of those Explorer copies (Destroyer?) and I played it the other day, and it sounded like a spandex codpiece. Can't believe I appeared in public with that thing.

Bendy