cc-nz - Re: [Cc-nz] Volunteer Network and Facebook: Call for Feedback

cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion

  • From: "Sutherland, Paul" <Paul.Sutherland AT ccc.govt.nz>
  • To: "Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion" <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-nz] Volunteer Network and Facebook: Call for Feedback
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 01:27:57 +1300

Oh come on - get over it all. This is not that bad. Using ascendant channels
to promote a cause is a basic promotion and marketing strategy,

As I mentioned in my previous post the Creative Commons has a Facebook Page.

>>Creative Commons has a Facebook page - as all modern organisations should.
>>http://www.facebook.com/creativecommons
>>
>>They have over 81,000 likes.

And as they say on Radio New Zealand National - you do not to have a Facebook
account to view.
So you will be ok - no one will be watching you - I am sure you will have all
cookies disabled already

Selective quoting loses context - what makes a conversation - I know there
are two thoughts - mine is that an email conversation should be able to
retain context without having to refer to an hidden archive - e.g. the
http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/cc-nz/2012-December/000879.html I guess
that what you mean by top post - too lazy to look it up in the evil Google
search box to find a free (but open to manipulation, hey and we need your
donation) Wikipedia article (that I may disagree with). If your spamcatcher
is a problem you should get a better one that trying to change my preferences.

I imagine that you will spend a lot of time worrying about all the stuff that
could go wrong - but

Surely the question is not should CC-NZ have a Facebook page (like the CC
Uber has)

But what is it going to be - and how is it sustained and fed.

Oh yeah but I already said that

>>There is no reason why CC Aoteoroa and CC_NZ licenses should not have a
>>Facebook presence.
>>Surely it is really a matter of defining what the personality of that
>>presence should be, and the nature of the posts.

>> How about using a tool like IFTTT https://ifttt.com/wtf to automate
>> some of the posts...

//paul ;-}

p.s.

And really what is wrong with Microsoft Windows? - I bet you know lots of
people (heaps) that would not to be able to have any engagement with the
digital world if they did not use MS Windows or IOS.