cc-metadata - Re: How about a META tag?

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: How about a META tag?
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 17:25:28 -0800

Andy Powell wrote:
(Note, the DCMI proposed recommendation for DC in XHTML (URL below)
recommends using DC.rights rather than DC.Rights as the value of the
name attribute).

http://creativecommons.org/technology/metadata/extend updated accordingly.

Yes, but if the requirement is as simple as

content="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/1.0/"; />

and/or

scheme="DCTERMS.URI"
content="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/1.0/"; />

then I don't think that anything needs adding.

I agree.

If people agree that this
use of the meta tag is useful, then it would be nice to add these to the
examples in that document - but I imagine that it is now pretty close to
closing the call for comments so I'll have to get my skates on! (I am the
author of that document BTW).

Would anyone on this list add meta tags referring to CC licenses to their web pages? If so, what motivates you? I'm quite interested to know.