cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] 4.0 NonCommercial

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Diane Cabell <diane AT cabell.us>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] 4.0 NonCommercial
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 11:19:45 +0000

Just goes to show how good my eyesight is!  Apologies to you all for the irrelevant response.

While I'm apologizing, I should also mention that although several museums are/plan to be using the low-high res approach, the case law to support that is very weak. It is quite possible that a court would not find any originality/minimal effort involved in simply changing the resolution.  I hope the more knowledgeable on the list might address that question as well.

Chris: Hard to find, aren't they?  Took me 15 min just to locate Vinoth Chandar, http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2011-12/16/creative-commons-gallery (not sure how successful he is, though).
dc