cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] 4.0 NonCommercial

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: jmp <m.pedersen AT lancaster.ac.uk>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] 4.0 NonCommercial
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 10:12:17 +0000

On 13/01/12 00:09, Gregor Hagedorn wrote:
> A non-profit license would be nice, but a serious question: Can anyone
> come up with a globally applicable definition of non-profit?

Such definitions do not exist - not for any of the concepts, clauses or
aspects of copyright or for any area of law for that matter. In between
the signifier and the signified there will always be a gap.
Unfortunately this gap is filled with the interpretations of lawyers and
judges in courts of law and other elitist arrangements, but that is not
a problem particular to NonCommercial.

http://commoning.wordpress.com

"...I thought we were an autonomous collective..."