cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] 4.0 NonCommercial

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Gregor Hagedorn <g.m.hagedorn AT gmail.com>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] 4.0 NonCommercial
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 10:07:55 +0100

On 13 January 2012 18:41, Greg London <email AT greglondon.com> wrote:
> Creative Commons, despite having "commons" in its name, is not entirely
> devoted to licensing what would be called "Free" phenomenom.

I personally endorse the position of CC to not only support fully
open, but also to seek models in-between. However, I think it would be
timely if CC were to strengthen the differentiation between open and
non-open licenses, by applying different branding, either separate, or
under a common umbrella to these groups. Given the present
incompatibility between various licenses, many (especially individual)
users are being mislead.

Gregor