cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] NC considered harmful? Prove it...

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] NC considered harmful? Prove it...
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 07:41:05 -0500

On Thursday 08 March 2007 05:09 am, Antoine wrote:

> Note :
> The irony is where the word "commons" comes from:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commons
> The Wikipedia article does not mention any "non-commercial" limitation to
> the "number of traditional rights" which could be exercised by the
> commoners.

I would be interesting to see someone put together a history of "commons"
around the world in light of the modern libre and commons "movements"...

One thing I think I have picked up though is that not every member of the
public was a member of the commons... (Better language?)

So, you could possibly put together a "commons club" where the people in the
club had commons rights to the works and the people on the outside didn't..
and still be a commons in some historical contexts... Yes? No?

> cheers
>
> Antoine.

(da idea man)