cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] Discussion

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Benj. Mako Hill" <mako AT atdot.cc>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] Discussion
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 22:19:32 -0500

<quote who="Bjorn Wijers" date="Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 11:59:11PM +0100">
> I would also like to have some time to think about the arguments brought
> forward instead of - in my case - jumping into a discussion haphazardly.
> Would it be acceptable to have some form of time-out so people like me
> have at least the chance to catch up and participate into this
> discussion? Or as Paul Keller once proposed a maximum of emails on this
> particular discussion per day?

It seems like good advice -- although I'm saying this in my 5th email to
the list today. :)

There are 7-8 people who have contributed between 30 and 90 emails to
this discussion so far. If you're one of them, there's a decent chance
that you've repeated yourself a bit. Those of us, and I'm guilty of this
as well, might want to consider standing down a little bit or taking the
back-and-forths off the list.

If you *haven't* spoken up, it would be great to hear from you!

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako AT atdot.cc

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results. --RMS