cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Will CC-BY allow DRM?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Will CC-BY allow DRM?
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 22:31:42 -0500

On Monday 04 December 2006 10:12 pm, Greg London wrote:
> Any word from Creative Commons about changing
> the basic CC-Attribution license so that it allows DRM?
>
> Since CC-BY allows proprietary forking,
> I see no reason to disallow proprietary DRM.

There is a reason though in that it would allow the restrictions on the
original works as well as the derivatives. Certainly no reason not to allow
it for derivatives. Unless someone really is out to use CC as a weapon
against DRM. I seem to be the only one who might be cool with that thought.

No reason not to allow it on NC works either as DRM-Dave will not be able to
work his monopoly-fu because of the NC clause.

> I dont' think I heard anything from CC about it though.

Good luck, I have been waiting for months to hear something about my Free CC
proposal.

> Just wondering.
>
> Greg

(da idea man)