cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] How to set properly a license to an offline work?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Jonathon Blake" <jonathon.blake AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] How to set properly a license to an offline work?
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:50:21 +0000

Rob wrote:

> Do you have any realworld examples of this that we could discuss to help
> improve the license terms or the guidelines?

Non-Profit organization.

Enthusistic boss.
"Say, this is a really cool object"
Gift store manager:
"Yes. Let's sell it in the gift store."
PHB:
"Can't. CC-NC licence."
Fund raising manager.
"Pass it here"

A year later:
* Gift shop reports the gift store reports that they sold 100 000
copies of that "cool object";
* Membership reports that they have 100 000 new members;
* Fund raising. reports that the previous manager has gone on to
another position, having substantially increased both the revenue, and
membership levels of the organization.
* 100 000 members want to know what this organization is, that claims
they joined, and wants to get off the mailing list yesterday.
* Legal wants to know what this new membership category is all about.

xan

jonathon
--
Ethical conduct is a vice.