cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] How to set properly a license to an offline work?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Jack Nigel <saoshyant AT 30gigs.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] How to set properly a license to an offline work?
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 15:42:52 -0600

Hi, I hope this is the right discussion list.

I'm a professional painter. I've heard of CC, and I want to apply a license to my future works.

I have chosen a BY-NC-SA license, and I suppose the following text is what I have to write to apply the license correctly. Please fix me, if I got something wrong.

2006 © Jack Nigel. Some rights reserved.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License. To view a copy of this license, visit //creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 543 Howard Street, 5th Floor, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA.

P.S: For the curious people out there, I'm planning to write that on the back of the canvas. Hey, it works for dedications!

Hi..! Get this Exclusive Offer From 30gigs.com. Free Ipod Nano! Click Here.
Don't have 30gigs email account yet? Sign up and get your 30GB Webmail account Now!