cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] How to set properly a license to an offline work?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mia Garlick <mia AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] How to set properly a license to an offline work?
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:26:27 -0800

ok, so thanks for the helpful comments. i work at a nonprofit that fundraises, as you know. you must work at a very interesting nonprofit with very interesting fundraising practices.

could you perhaps explain your understanding of how fundraising at nonprofits works and perhaps you can also respond to the rest of my email which continued: "the object can't be sold in the gift store. end of story. you also can't offer the NC licensed object solely in exchange for signing on for membership - then it becomes a conditional exchange of money, again, not an optional one."

as for (ii) - isn't that why we are having this conversation??? :-)