cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] NonDerivative NonCommercial Licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Jonathon Blake" <jonathon.blake AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] NonDerivative NonCommercial Licenses
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 22:58:13 +0000

Drew wrote:

> Greg, you do not specifically address his point though. I think from what
> you are saying, you would tell him to just use BY-NC and he will get the
> same bang for the buck as BY-NC-SA, the thing is, he is considering only
> BY-NC-ND or BY-NC-SA.

This is an issue I have touched upon before.

Based upon the feedback I've had, people do not understand the BY-NC
licence. [Their questions invariably are

i) Can I redistribute this?
ii) Can I make an extract of this?

With either BY-NC-ND or BY-NC-SA, the question I get is "I want to use
this in my church. Is that OK.?"

xan

jonathon
--