cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] NonDerivative NonCommercial Licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Jonathon Blake" <jonathon.blake AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] NonDerivative NonCommercial Licenses
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 16:12:35 +0000

Greg wrote:

> Which is why fans have no incentive to put a lot of work into CC-NC works,
> whether they have SA added to them or not.

I have written documentation for two different programs.

One set of documentation is licenced under the CC-SA.
The other set is licenced under the CC-NC-SA.

There are more derivatives, and translations of the documentation
under the CC-NC-SA licence, than the one with the CC-SA licence.

Under your theory, the material under the CC-SA licence should have
more translations, and derivatives.

Can you explain why my experience contradicts your theory?

xan

jonathon
--
Ethical conduct is a vice.