cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] NonDerivative NonCommercial Licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Greg London" <email AT greglondon.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] NonDerivative NonCommercial Licenses
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 20:30:43 -0500 (EST)

>> Actually, if I remember correctly, I think NC-ND was the most
>> commonly used CC license. (Wasn't there a pie-chart that showed
>> which licenses were the most commonly used?)
>
> Voila!:
>
> http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/5293
>
> NC-SA is most popular, I think.

Oh fudge. I stand corrected.
CC-NC-SA comes in at number 1 with 37%
CC-NC-ND comes in at number 2 with 28%

In my opinion, NC-SA is pointless
and might as well just be NC,
but hey, whaddya gonna do...

It basically allows fan-fiction
and demands that all fan-fiction play nice
with each other. I suppose it may make a
difference, but I'm not convinced.

I don't use NC-SA myself, but if people want it,
better than ARR.

Greg
--
Bounty Hunters: Metaphors for Fair IP laws
http://www.greglondon.com/bountyhunters/