cc-licenses - Re: Draft License 2.5 - Now open for discussion

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Tejas Patel <tejaspatel.newsgroups AT gmail.com>
  • To: email AT greglondon.com, cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Draft License 2.5 - Now open for discussion
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 12:40:20 +1000

Greg,
         I think I need attribution for contributions to go to CertRef. What I want is that whenever contributes to CertRef than it that contribution will become and part of CertRef (does this mean that they loose their copyright right?) and anybody on the Internet can copy, alter the contribution and give a reference to CertRef instead of searching for who was the real editor and contributors of that article. Does'nt it get difficult when 100's of people have edited a document and you have to search who all have edited the document!

Is it a real legal requirement in cases of wiki that when somebody references work from a wiki, he has to find out about all the contributors of that article or can he/she/they just reference to wiki itself?

Can I use the beta wiki license on my wiki yet or any other CC license in the iterim? Am I allowed to change it later on?

Kind Regards,

Tejas Patel

www.itejas.com

On 5/19/05, Greg London <email AT greglondon.com> wrote:

Tejas Patel said:
>  --> I want a license where people contributing to CertRef are attributing
> their work to CertRef as a entity, meaning CertRef is considered the
> Licensor and not many individual who contribute to the wiki (this will make
> it easy when somebody wants to attribute the work copied or used from
> CertRef and even use it commercially)

Do you simply want attribution for contributions to go to CertRef?
Or do you want contributers to assign copyright to CertRef?

the wiki license should handle the first, from what I understand of it.

You might need a contract to get copyright reassigned to you,
rather than a simple license.

I am not a lawyer, blah blah blah.
--
Bounty Hunters: Metaphors for Fair IP Law.
http://www.greglondon.com/bountyhunters/