cc-licenses - Draft License 2.5 - Now open for discussion

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Tejas Patel <tejaspatel.newsgroups AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Draft License 2.5 - Now open for discussion
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 11:12:10 +1000

>The main changes are to clause 4(b) (citing to the Attribution license,
which is the license that forms the basis of the sample draft) and the
reasons for these are twofold:

(1) To take account of the needs of people who create wikis and thus
allow attribution to the wiki rather than the author or to the wiki and
one or more authors as they prefer

Mia, this looks good. Mia as posted before I am in look for the license for my wiki where the above mentioned point is covered. I am looking for a license and below are some fo the requirements I got.

--> I want a license where people contributing to CertRef are attributing their work to CertRef as a entity, meaning CertRef is considered the Licensor and not many individual who contribute to the wiki (this will make it easy when somebody wants to attribute the work copied or used from CertRef and even use it commercially)
--> I want a license where commercial use of the material should be allowed
--> I want a license where "share alike" is a part of it

Also, with the license that you mention is "share alike" a integral part of it or can it be used without "Share alike" as well? Any suggestions on what kind of license I should go with will be great. Can I select one of the existing CC licenses for now and change it later on? Is that allowed?

Kind Regards,

Tejas Patel

* I am a newbie in the world of licenses*