cc-licenses - Re: Question about possible use of NC works

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT bad.dynu.ca>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Question about possible use of NC works
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 20:09:57 -0400

On Sun, 2005-04-10 at 16:15 -0400, drew Roberts wrote:
I appreciate your thoughtful reply. So far, it is the only one. Here is the
thing, if it is indeed this complex, and I fear it may be, the only safe
thing I see to do is to leave all NC works out of the picture. Which is a
shame, but when there is possible jail time and hugh statutory fines possible
for copyright violations, it is not the time to take chances.

So again, I think NC is not spelled out clearly enough to be safe to use in
many cases. Am I off base here?
No, I don't think you're off base at all. I think you should just leave out NC works entirely.

~Evan

--
Evan Prodromou
evan AT bad.dynu.ca