cc-europe - Re: [Cc-europe] iSummit session on internal/international CC governance, was: Re: Fwd: Creative Commons International - letter from the jurisdiction project leads

  • From: Alek Tarkowski <alek AT creativecommons.pl>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-europe] iSummit session on internal/international CC governance, was: Re: Fwd: Creative Commons International - letter from the jurisdiction project leads
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:33:16 +0200

Dear all,

I agree with what has been said before - that we need both an open and closed meeting on the issue.

I am wondering how much time we have for the panel - in order to have a meaningful exchange of ideas, we need plenty of time. If I imagine correctly, that a panel lasts about 2 hours, then it's rather a time frame for presenting some positions, and not much more.

One useful thing that could come out from an open panel: we could gather opinions of participants from outside CC on how they see CC as a global structure - they might have interesting ideas, fresh viewpoints, etc.

One other thing - at some point CC HQ was mentioning doing a "public" equivalent of the legal day (though in a shorter form). Then there is the local / global session of isummit, which at some points was described as a chance to present regional CC efforts. And there is the session proposed by Tomi and Pro. It would be good to fit these meaningfully together.

Regarding the letter - I think that we need now a good system for gathering opinions / exchanging ideas / agreeing on things. the Jottit wiki is a start, but we should also use the meeting in leuven (and maybe also an online, but a bit structured "consultation" process?) if we want to arrive at some conclusions. This is ties with a difference between an open panel and closed working meeting - in a panel speakers can be presenting their own views - at a meeting they should be representatives of our community.

All the best,

Alek