cc-europe - Re: [Cc-europe] iSummit session on internal/international CC governance, was: Re: Fwd: Creative Commons International - letter from the jurisdiction project leads

  • From: John Hendrik Weitzmann <jhweitzmann AT mx.uni-saarland.de>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-europe] iSummit session on internal/international CC governance, was: Re: Fwd: Creative Commons International - letter from the jurisdiction project leads
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 18:05:29 +0200

Tomislav Medak schrieb:
> Now, it's up to this group to decide:
>
> 1) which of the two focuses do we wish the panel to take or we wish to
> stay with both,

both, if feasible. might not be feasible, though, because you'd need a
different crowd for internal governance compared to the one interested
in international participation

> 2) whom do we want to give floor to on behalf of CC board and on behalf
> of CC project leads,

as Paul said, whoever is available, although Joi _should_ be available
for such an important issue. Of CC leads: Danièle has been investigating
in the internal governance question quite a lot, others are of course
also qualified here, like Alek f.e., while for the international
participation thing an iCommons background might come in handy, which
would then rather point to you Tom, or Paul ...

> 3) if we want this panel to be kept private to CC board, CCi and CC
> project leads or if we want to make it public for the rest of conference
> participants.

the internal governance point can hardly be discussed by people who are
not familiar with the current state of affairs in this. So, this should
be kept "private". And, as it is probably impossible to combine public
and private in a single session, this points toward having only one
focus as asked in 1)

greetz,
John