cc-europe - [Cc-europe] Fwd: Creative Commons International - letter from the jurisdiction project leads

  • From: Paul Keller <pk AT kl.nl>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-europe] Fwd: Creative Commons International - letter from the jurisdiction project leads
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 18:05:34 +0200

Begin forwarded message:

From: "James Boyle" <boyle AT law.duke.edu>
Date: 13 May 2008 16:07:18 GMT+02:00
To: "Paul Keller" <pk AT kl.nl>,"Joichi Ito" <jito AT neoteny.com>

<snip />

Dear Paul and all our CCi friends.  Thanks for this letter.  Paul and I discussed the issues informally a few weeks ago in Amsterdam and I have also talked it over with Joi.  This isn't our formal response -- that will come later, but I wanted to say that both Joi and I couldn't agree more with the basic ideas here.  We think this is a really constructive set of suggestions -- thank you all very much for putting them together --  and it reflects a direction that both of us want to move in already.  (Indeed, in terms of notification of country leads, this is already something that Mike Linksvayer has been trying to do.)  We have also been discussing some "global" or "regional" initiatives which would allow CC to exist as a real global organization -- one in which  the fabulous CCi network can be brought to bear on some really fascinating projects, if you found that of interest. But obviously the issues go further than that and there is more to discuss in the future.
(As I told Paul, better communication of what CC is doing and having a better sense of our big initiatives for the year are also something the CC board has asked for!) For myself, I just wanted to say thanks for these really constructive suggestions; great ideas. Please also feel free to contact me personally if there is anything I can do to help you or your country group.  The CCi network is the thing that in many respects I am proudest about in CC and I'd like to do a better job of better reflecting that.
Warm regards, Jamie
--
Kennisland | Knowledgeland
t: +31 20 5756720 | m: +31 6 41374687