cc-education - Re: [cc-education] A new hope for cc.edu

cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons

  • From: Chris Lott <chris.lott AT gmail.com>
  • To: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons <cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-education] A new hope for cc.edu
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 18:15:48 -0800

On Apr 4, 2005 6:07 PM, Chris Lott <chris.lott AT gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm glad the distinction is so clear to you-- please help make it
> clear for everyone else.

And I should add that I understand the difference between DMXZone and
an accredited institution (as an example). But when it comes to
differentiating a private university from Univ of Phoenix, both of
which don't receive state funding, both of which are accredited, both
of which exist to educate to various degrees, the distinction seems a
little less clear.

If you are telling me that the NC license makes my work available to
Univ of California, but not DMX Zone and UoPhoenix, then that's good
news indeed, but I'd like to have a little more assurance besides the
fact that philosophically we recognize a difference between the
institutions-- and something a little more likely to hold up legally
:)

Chris Lott