baslinux - Re: [BL] Need help with BL as x-terminal via dialup Re: free shell account with mutt and text browsers

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Need help with BL as x-terminal via dialup Re: free shell account with mutt and text browsers
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 02:12:18 +0000 (UTC)

Let me know if you find one. Or if you find a version
of links -g that will run on sdf.

http://pkgsrc.se

NetBSD packages

www

lynx elinks dillo firefox epiphany kazahadaze midori netsurf links links-gui (forgot to check for Seamonkey)

Many categories, thousands of programs to choose from.

/tmp/links-gui is 17K. Don't know how to install it.

At cjb (FreeBSD) installhome. That did not work here. They have all the packages there already. Too bad they are too slow to be useful. Perhaps they have faster paid accounts.

$36 one-time or so gets you a permanent membership at sdf. You get more space if you pay $20 or $35 a year and they get to stay in business. They just upgraded to a faster computer (my 4000 messages appear almost instantly with pine). They accept paypal or checks. Fast connection. The cheapest account gets 600MB and the $20/year lets you divide it up as you want to (more mail or webspace).

http://visualserver.org has been nice about installing mutt and fonts, and has 1GB total space per free account and maybe more if you donate $2/month. Ubuntu 9. I don't know if he wants to install graphical programs but 1GB should hold a lot. Also did not try compiling there yet. Or exporting DISPLAY. Write and explain what you want an account for.

http://www.grex.org where I do mail gives 1MB space. OpenBSD. Slow connection. Friendly forums. Nothing graphical including webpages.