baslinux - Re: [BL] Need help with BL as x-terminal via dialup Re: free shell account with mutt and text browsers

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Need help with BL as x-terminal via dialup Re: free shell account with mutt and text browsers
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 03:38:47 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 9 May 2010, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================

I found a copy of links2 and dillo that run on sdf;
however, both render text very, very slowly. Too
slow to be useable. It appears that the slow
rendering problem at cjb also occurs at sdf.

How did you install them at sdf?

Would they work better via broadband?

Is text sent to the X server bitmapped? Console text displays
instantly (except when my dialup connection cuts out).

Xvesa -ac probably won't work at sdf since there
is no wm there.

IIRC sdf has twm.

Have you tried startxt script with twm?

Thanks for getting this working, albeit not usably fast.