baslinux - Re: [BL] Error: 0x09

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Error: 0x09
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 00:02:05 +0000 (UTC)

Re my framebuffer-capable BL3.50 2-floppy seteup.

When I try to boot I get Error: 0x09, which I cannot find in the archives.

Lilo manual says

0x09 "DMA attempt across 64K boundary". This shouldn't happen. Try
omitting the COMPACT option.

This is supposed to optimize loading by the map installer.

Does BL3.50 lilo.conf use COMPACT option?

COMPACT option can cause other problems such as BIOS error and geometry
mismatch. Do not use LINEAR and COMPACT together, to avoid problems.

Sindi

The lilo.conf on the disk itself appears to be one used to install to hard drive.

image=/boot/zimage
label=BL3
root=CURRENT
read-write

Steven, please provide (again) the one used to install BL3 to floppy disk.
I cannot find it in the archives. And remind me how to run it.