baslinux - Re: [BL] Error: 0x09

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Error: 0x09
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 04:36:18 +0000 (UTC)

Steven, please provide lilo.conf used to install BL3 to floppy disk.

lilo.conf
---------------------
boot=/dev/fd0
install=/fd/boot.b
map=/fd/map

delay=50
Why the delay? In case we accidentally left the floppy disk in the computer? I may omit this line.

compact
This causes Error:0x09 when I try to boot with framebuffer kernel.
Why did you use 'compact'?

read-write

image=/fd/zimage
label=BL3_ramdisk
root=/dev/ram0
initrd=/fd/disk1.gz
image=/fd/zimage
label=hd

What do these last two lines do? Are they part of install-to-hd?
Can I omit them if I won't be installing from my fb setup to hd?

After I edit out 'compact' (and maybe also the 5 sec delay) do I insert the floppy disk and run lilo using this lilo.conf, and then use dd to make a new disk1f.img from the floppy disk? (Running BL ext2). I forgot what I did but it was complicated.

dd if=/dev/fd0 of=disk1f.img (to rewrite the altered fd to a file)