baslinux - Re: [BL] Error: 0x09

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Error: 0x09
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 18:01:37 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

I put together a 2-floppy BL3.50 with framebuffer kernel that is supposed
to boot to 800x600 framebuffer text screen.

I installed disk1 to a 100% good DOS-formatted floppy disk, in linux with
dd, after running floppymeter and correcting for deviation -210 (my best
floppy drive). I also tried installing it in DOS with rawrite.

When I try to boot I get Error: 0x09, which I cannot find in the archives.

BL3.50 without framebuffer kernel works fine. (Unless the disk is bad,
then I get error 0x10).

Lilo manual says

0x09 "DMA attempt across 64K boundary". This shouldn't happen. Try omitting the COMPACT option.

This is supposed to optimize loading by the map installer.

Does BL3.50 lilo.conf use COMPACT option?

COMPACT option can cause other problems such as BIOS error and geometry mismatch. Do not use LINEAR and COMPACT together, to avoid problems.