baslinux - [BL] Error: 0x09

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Error: 0x09
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:51:14 +0000 (UTC)

I put together a 2-floppy BL3.50 with framebuffer kernel that is supposed to boot to 800x600 framebuffer text screen.

I installed disk1 to a 100% good DOS-formatted floppy disk, in linux with dd, after running floppymeter and correcting for deviation -210 (my best floppy drive). I also tried installing it in DOS with rawrite.

When I try to boot I get Error: 0x09, which I cannot find in the archives.

BL3.50 without framebuffer kernel works fine. (Unless the disk is bad, then I get error 0x10).

I tried in several computers. My disks work on the computer where I made the original files, but not on much else.

Any ideas? I wanted to use the framebuffer BL3.50 to test some LCD monitors. They won't do 800x600 (vga=788) mode or Mplayer in svga mode, and the three I looked at so far have ugly text like on some laptops.
Are there brands that look better in text (including framebuffer text)?

I can move the monitors to the computer with ext2 BL.

Sindi Keesan