baslinux - Re: [BL] module for ethestreamer ibm in bl

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] module for ethestreamer ibm in bl
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 18:35:29 +0100

Thank you very much Sindi,

> Try ne.o with various port settings and maybe also irq settings.

I tried and I obtained some :
insmod: unresolved symbols....

searching on bl archive I found it may be due to the small kernel in bl2:
perhaps the full kernel in slackware 7.1 will fix the problem.

> Is this an IBM PS/2 microchannel architecture (MCA) computer?

I may suppose it is not: I have installed slackware 10.2 (without kde and
with fvwm) with the specific ibm mca kernel but at boot it says: "no ibm
mca..."
I would like to use this machine to connect in internet (about half of our
need) and also to have support for usb (for the samsumg printer). So I
thought I could use a basic slackware 10.2 (with 2.4.31 kernel) but the
problems with the eth card stopped me. Maybe it is simpler to find a more
common card.

Regards,

Giuseppe