baslinux - Re: [BL] module for ethestreamer ibm in bl

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] module for ethestreamer ibm in bl
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 21:14:17 +0100

Salve again from Giuseppe,

Steven wrote:

> You do not need a network connection to install BL3
> to your HD. Simply execute: install-to-hd

I had installed Slackware 10.2 (2.4.31 kernel with usb support) on that
machine but it does not detect the card (it does not load the module module
which I could not find in /lib/modules/.... in Slackware 10.2 which uses
kmod and hotplug...).
I just wanted to get more info using bl2 fd version.

> When i tried to insert cs89x0 module I got the following error:
>
> cs89x0.c: Module autoprobing not allowed
> cs89x0.c: Append io=0xNNN
> cs89x0.o: init_module: Device or resource busy

The same for me when insmod without io address.

> ...it should have jumpers or a BIOS setting to set the I/O then
> you load the driver by pointing it at the I/O set on the
> card.

Perhaps it is a problem of BIOS settings but I can not find anyway to set
I/O in that BIOS (I am not an expert at all).
I will check the sites you suggested.

Regards,
Giuseppe