baslinux - Re: [BL] Cisco Aironet 350 wireless card on Toshiba T4800CT

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Cisco Aironet 350 wireless card on Toshiba T4800CT
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 20:16:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sindi,

--- baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> ... In order for cardmgr to identify your card
> and assign it the correct module, it has to
> read its manfid (or function or version) and
> match that up with the correct module for that
> card. It could not find your 350 card because
> you did not list its manfid (you listed the
> manfid for the 340, which uses the same module).
> Change that one line and it should work.

Yes, there was only one number that was different.
Everything's working fine now -- i've been
surfing the internet using "links" with that
card, on both the Toshiba and Compaq.

> 000a is I think a hexadecimal number, as is 0007.
> the a is 3 numbers larger than the 7.

Yes, i'm familiar with hexadecimal, thanks.
Whenever a number starts with "0x" that means
that what follows is hexadecimal.

"0x000a" = 10 in decimal, and "0x015f" =
decimal (16^2)*1 + (16^1)*5 + (16^0)*15 =
256*1 + 16*5 + 1*15 = 256+80+15 = 351.

(I elaborated on that for the benefit of those
who might read this thread later and not know
about this.)

> I have probably made far more mistakes than
> you have with pcmcia - you may
> as well learn from them too.

I sure appreciate that!

I'm just so happy to have such old "junk"
computers able to get online! Since the only
other means of file transfer for both of these
machines is a floppy drive, getting onto the
internet means that i've just removed a *huge*
limitation on transferable file size!

-monz