baslinux - Re: [BL] Cisco Aironet 350 wireless card on Toshiba T4800CT

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Cisco Aironet 350 wireless card on Toshiba T4800CT
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 02:44:38 +0000 (UTC)

Sindi Keesan

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Hi Sindi,

--- baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Next time please post the actual file so I can
comment directly.

OK, sorry about that. I only did it with a URL
because it was a long post with all the details
from several files.

You have the wrong manfid. It is the same one
that I use for my Aironet
340. Did you copy it from my config?

Yes. As i said, i'm very weak on knowledge of
networking.

Each pcmcia card has a manufacturer's id (manfid). A few cards with different labels thave the same id (and two that I have with the same id that I think use different modules but that is unusual). In order for cardmgr to identify your card and assign it the correct module, it has to read its manfid (or function or version) and match that up with the correct module for that card. It could not find your 350 card because you did not list its manfid (you listed the manfid for the 340, which uses the same module). Change that one line and it should work.

I looked up the 350 in the large Slackware 7
config (you can also look up
pcmcia config files online). This file did not
include my older 340.

I guess it's time for me to familiarize myself
with Slackware, since both BL and Puppy are
related to it, and those are my two main laptop
Linuxes.

manfid 0x015f, 0x000a

Thank you so much!!

The only difference is one character, the "a"
at the end instead of "7". After fixing that
and rebooting, i was able to use udhcpc and
presto!, got right onto the internet.

000a is I think a hexadecimal number, as is 0007.
the a is 3 numbers larger than the 7. They may also have
made cards with 0008 and 0009.

I have probably made far more mistakes than you have with pcmcia - you may as well learn from them too.

Hooray! And thanks again.
You are very welcome. Sindi

-monz