baslinux - Re: [BL] Cisco Aironet 350 wireless card on Toshiba T4800CT

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Cisco Aironet 350 wireless card on Toshiba T4800CT
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 22:08:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Steven,

--- baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> Message from Steven
> ===================
> monz wrote:
> >
> > OK, i think i get it. I can use the empty
> > ifconfig comman *if* udhcpc picks up an address
> > first, correct?
>
> No. The only reason you use the empty ifconfig
> is to get information. It is not used for
> configuration.

OK, got it.

> There are two alternative methods for configuring
> the IP address:
> (1) udhcpc
> (2) ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.7 (that number is
> example)
>
> Use (1) or (2). But not both.

OK, thanks, got that too!

> > One other question: is it OK to use the
> > information that i got from connecting to
> > the internet in Puppy Linux on another
> > computer?
>
> Probably. The network parameters should be
> the same (even when the hardware parameters
> are different).

OK, good, that's what i thought.

I've commented out all the stuff in /etc/rc
except for etc/pcmcia/start. Using the command
line i got this message:

<#>udhcpc
info, udhcpc (v0.9.9-pre) started
error, SIOCGIFINDEX failed: No such device

If i reboot and try ifconfig instead, i get this:

<#>ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.1
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device

I also tried that same command with ath0
(that's correct for a wireless card, right?)
instead of eth0 (for wired, right?), and got
the same error message.

But i *am* getting two high beeps when i reboot!
:)

-monz