baslinux - Re: [BL] module for Linksys PCM100 wired ethernet card

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] module for Linksys PCM100 wired ethernet card
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 00:27:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Steven,

--- baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> Message from Steven
> ===================
> monz wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone (Steven?) know which module/s need
> > to be loaded to run the PCM100?
>
> No modules need to be loaded. BL3 comes with
> the most common PCMCIA network module (pcnet).
> According to my list, the Linksys PCM100 card
> uses pcnet (hooray!).
>
> I suggest you insert the card, boot BL3, and
> execute: /etc/pcmcia/start
>
> Hopefully you will get two high beeps.

Hmm ... i get 4 high beeps, with this rhythm,
where the x represents a high beep and a period
represents silence, at an even pulse:

x..xx.x

As cardmgr loads the modules, it gives a message
for each one:
"Card Services release does not match".

Then when i run udhcpc it gives me this message:

------------
<#>udhcpc
info, udhcpc (v0.9.9-pre) started
warning, Could not load seed from /dev/urandom:
No such file or directory
debug, Sending discover...
eth0: found link beat
eth0: autonegotiation complete: 100baseT-FD selected
debug, Sending discover...
debug, Sending discover...

... And it just keeps giving that last line over
and over, until i hit Ctrl-C to stop it and get
the prompt back.

Any ideas what's going wrong?

-monz