baslinux - Re: [BL] module for Linksys PCM100 wired ethernet card

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] module for Linksys PCM100 wired ethernet card
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 22:44:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Steven,

> IT would be much easier for us to work out
> what is going wrong if you told us the exact
> commands you are entering and what response
> you get from each one.

OK, i'll do that. probably won't have much
time for now until friday night or sunday.

Part of the problem is that, since those
machines are not connected to the internet,
for me to post the responses i have to save
them into files and then port them via floppy
to a machine which *is* online. Otherwise it
involves a lot of typing.

> We should be able to get them on the internet, but
> first we need to know what method you use to get
> to the internet. Dialup? DSL? Details please.

My desktop is connected via Ethernet, via cable
(as in cable TV). My connected laptops are both
via whatever unsecured wireless i'm picking up.

I have Puppy Linux running on one of those laptops,
and Puppy is good for finding out stuff like
IP addresses etc.

But here's good news: i just got the Aironet
card in the mail today, and have it connected
into the Toshiba T4800CT -- and with the edits
i've done it gets 2 high beeps! ... but still
no connection.

Sorry about mixing the two threads -- i'll try
better to keep them separate, since i already
started one for the Aironet.

-monz