baslinux - Re: [BL] module for Linksys PCM100 wired ethernet card

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] module for Linksys PCM100 wired ethernet card
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 22:39:13 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
monz wrote:

> Hmm ... i get 4 high beeps,

High beeps are good.

> with this rhythm,where the x represents a
> high beep and a period represents silence,
> at an even pulse:
>
> x..xx.x

It seems to be loading two drivers. Either you
have two PCMCIA cards inserted or your network
card is a dual-purpose card or cardmgr got two
matches for no good reason. Not a problem at
this stage.

> As cardmgr loads the modules, it gives a message
> for each one:
> "Card Services release does not match".

Ignore. It's a non-fatal warning.

> Then when i run udhcpc it gives me this message:

I suggest you initially assign the IP address
manually (using ifconfig instead of udhcpc):
ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.17
That assumes you want the address to be 192.168.1.17.
Change it to an appropriate address for your network.
Then try ping, etc.