baslinux - Re: [BL] compile a new naim statically against uclibc anyone?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] compile a new naim statically against uclibc anyone?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 07:41:07 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Steven wrote:

> OK, I've added the new naim package to the BL3
> add-ons: http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/add-ons
> I've included basic instructions ("man naim").

Thanks for letting us know. This is a nice enhancement to BL3. One thing I
should report and have been able to confirm on the testbed BL3 (the qemu
version) I set up to test the naim you compiled: naim fails to start in an
xterm. It gets to the point in its startup routine where it checks for
color support (enabling color support... failed), which fails, after which
it will not start. As I mentioned last night, naim works fine from a
console/tty, though. Don't know if there's a fix for the color enabling
issue so naim can be run under X. If not people should be made aware that
they will need to run the program on the console.

James